AboutI am a computer scientist interested in the research and development of autonomous and semi-autonomous robotic systems. I primarily focus on perception algorithms that will allow robots to operate safely and effectively with humans. Please see my research and publications pages for more details.
- Principal Research Scientist - Neya Systems LLC (2018-present).
- Principal Robotics Scientist - iMover LLC (2017-2018).
- Senior Engineering Specialist - Caterpillar Inc (2012-2017).
- Courtesy faculty appointment - Electrical and Computer Engineering at Carnegie Mellon Univ. (2009-2012).
- Senior Systems Scientist - The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon Univ. (2005-2012).
- Postdoctoral fellow - The Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon Univ. (2003-2005).
- FAA-certified Remote Pilot with a sUAS rating (e.g. drone pilot) under 14 CFR Part 107. (2019-present).
- PhD (2003) Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Minnesota.
- MS (2001) Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Minnesota.
- BA (1995) in Mathematics/Computer Science from Lawrence University.
Paul E. Rybski